Monday, April 19, 2010

Seven Friends and a concept

Seven friends from college had some kind of re-union. Most of them in their late thirties and early forties, on a weekend vacation with family. The men hit the pool and were having typical conversations. Each one was on a journey of Awaken that College Student within.

Suddenly two guys from the group were being dubbed as Losers! Because they were still single, and had not found a right partner, while these guys had children in the age of 2 – 8. The two guys dubbed as losers conceded, and the game went on.

Now this was about those who had their own house – and this time two different guys turned out to be losers, because they lived in rented houses. The game proceeded like a Russian Roulette – and this time the discussion was about the car – and two more guys were losers this time, for they had not graduated beyond the entry level car. By the end of it all of us were losers in one thing or the other.

The fact that I had been dubbed a loser first – motivated me to look at this word and topic and chronicle an entire story. I initially decided to take a self effacing route, but when I thought about it deeper, I thought it has to be self effacing for the reader and not just the author alone, and hence it is a story of Us or We!

Perspectives changed and the same guys who had branded me a loser just about 24 hours back were eating their own words, and calling me a winner because I am single, and they felt they were being pestered by their wives. .

There began the Chronicles!

No comments:

Post a Comment